Delivering sponsorship activation programs at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games
The Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018) welcomed more than 6,600 athletes and team officials from 71 Commonwealth nations and territories to the Gold Coast and event cities Brisbane, Cairns and Townsville, to share in the celebration of sport, entertainment and culture.
The largest sporting event to be staged in Australia this decade, GC2018 featured the largest integrated sports program in Commonwealth Games history, comprising 18 sports and seven para-sports. Beach Volleyball, Para Triathlon and Women’s Rugby Sevens made their Commonwealth Games debuts and for the first time at a Commonwealth Games, an equal number of men’s and women’s medal events were contested.
Enhancing the overall experience of all stakeholders across the Games were a selection of sponsor and brand activations for the GC2018 Sponsor Family, including Optus, Longines, Aggreko, TAFE Queensland and Elastoplast.
We gather the CEO of Sold Out Events, the Official Event Management Company of GC2018 and an Official Sponsor, who will go through the details of their planning and execution of a range of sponsorship and brand activations that they delivered during the Games.
The presentation will address
- What is involved when delivering on the sponsorship leverage needs of one of the largest multi-sport games events in the world.
- How Sold Out Events worked with multiple agencies, stakeholders, Sponsors and the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation to get the outcomes required.
- The challenges on the road to success.
Key Outcomes For Attendees
- How are sponsors needs met in the planning phase?
- How do you maintain a cohesive message / execution for sponsors throughout multiple executions?
- How do you manage and deliver sponsors expectations?
- How do you manage and deliver the needs of the Commonwealth Games with the assistance of sponsors?
- How do you manage multiple permits, approvals and stakeholders to deliver all executions in totality?
CEO, Sold Out Events
Official Event Management Company of GC2018
Edwina Wordsworth Sponsorship Specialist, Sold Out Events Official Event Management Company of GC2018