Delivering on Customer Experience while Maintaining Effective Responsible Service of Alcohol
Maintaining excellent alcohol service & customer service in high pressure, multi-faceted event environments can be challenging; whilst still maintaining and monitoring robust responsible service of Alcohol systems. We have engaged three unique perspectives to outline balance around alcohol service at events.
John Vanderveen discusses event scenarios that he came across as a Senior Inspector at ILGR NSW; what were successful operations and what were areas where event stakeholders ran into trouble? John also outlines the work he is doing with major events and venues including the ICC, CoS and PNSW maintaining robust systems.
Matt Sharman outlines the unique service environment at the Australian Turf Club in Randwick. On race days, Matt and hid team deal with multiple audience demographics, multiple venues, multiple service offerings and socioeconomic expectations from their audience. How do they deliver to expectations on all these offerings effectively in this environment, across a broad cross section of audience and maintain strong control of their RSA systems?
Key Outcomes for Attendees
- What are the key, up to date tools, techniques and systems event stakeholders should consider for effective Alcohol service and adherence to RSA?
- What is the minimum standard you should be operating to?
- How do you maintain effective control but also allow for multiple user experience offerings?
- What are the areas stakeholders run into trouble in alcohol service at events?
- How do you manage multiple audience demographics at your event at once?
- What are the best practice techniques event stakeholders that stakeholders are implementing?
- What past instances can we learn from?
CEO, Liquor & Gaming Solutions / Former Senior Inspector, ILGR NSW
General Manager, Hospitality, Events & Operations, Australian Turf Club
Group Operations Manager, Solotel Hospitality Management