SURF LIfE SAVING AUSTRALIA EFFECTIVE CRISIS MANAGEMENT
Dealing with uncertainty requires a planned approach. Surf Life Saving Australia has one of the most challenging environments in which to operate events. Stephen will share with us the level of due diligence and emergency planning that goes into running the national championships, which attract over 60,000 people to the venues site. Stephen will detail the operations of the event and how they have learnt from previous event incidents.
Stephen will also detail what their process for managing a crisis and how they have learnt to do so effectively from their years of experience.
Key Outcomes for Attendees
- What level of planning goes into the SLSA National Championships?
- What are the key challenges they face?
- What control measures have they put in place to manage their event environment?
- What have they learnt from their previous incidents; what has been implemented to advance their planning?
- What is the first thing to do in a crisis?
- What are the step by step processes to put in place and action in a crisis?
CEO, Westpac Helicopters, Safety & Emergency Management Co ordinator, SLSA