Planning Perfect - The MELBOURNE CUP
Bruce Keebaugh and his team of collaborators deliver a wide range of amazing luxury events throughout the world including the major Melbourne Cup Sponsorship activation for Lexus.
Bruce joins us to initially outline the broader luxury market and the global market current conditions for event planners as well as touching on future trend forecasts within this arena; with a focus on the opportunities and pitfalls of social integration . Bruce will then delve into the risks associated with planning events in regions where politics, geography, climate, supply chain and SOP are totally out of your control.
The focus of this session will then turn to The Birdcage, Australia's number one VIP hospitality experience.Globally recognised this “carpark” has evolved to every year host a range of brands execute multi-faceted experiences, looking to provide a unique environment that creates a buzz around the brand, including engaging guests on-ground with first to market concepts, publicity and brand content. Managing and evolving the luxury experience, balancing politicians, celebrities, media and trade guests-lists along with cutting edge technology, creative and hospitality elements is a well planned orchestra. We will review how the Birdcage became what it is and also case study the Lexus Design Pavillion, detailing the variant collaborations that has lead this car maker over 16 years, to now become the naming rights sponsor of The Lexus Melbourne Cup 2018. Keebaugh will discuss how they balance their execution; evolving the experience each year, creating a unique environment, delivering to the brands expectations and emphasising Luxury.
Key Outcomes For Attendees
- How do you plan a luxury experience to the level of the Melbourne Cup Marquee Environment?
- What level of planning goes into this style of luxury execution?
- What level do your suppliers and your final execution need to be to maintain a Luxury Standard?
- How do Lexus benefit from the Birdcage environment?
- How do Lexus work with The Big Group to deliver desired outcomes?
- How do The Big Group plan each year against a competitive Birdcage field so as to differentiate from the other executions?
Founder & Director, The Big Group